Sunday, December 13, 2009

Can I use Scholl Athletes foot cream when pregnant??.....?

I%26#039;m 28 weeks on now, and I have really really annoying athletes foot. Can I use the Scholl cream to try and clear it up? Many thanks.|||read the label if its not safe it will say consult with a doc if your pregnant.. but i am sure its okay but to be safe call your doc and ask one the nurses.|||I believe that it is ok, but you should check with your midwife or doctor first.|||No you can%26#039;t. I had athlete%26#039;s foot recently and asked a pharmacist and he told me the only thing I could use was canesten 1% cream - the one which can be used for nappy rash. Anything stronger is a no go in pregnancy and he told me if the canesten didn%26#039;t clear it up then I%26#039;d have to see my doctor.|||My doctor told me %26quot;no anti-fungals%26quot; while pregnant, and in your same position.|||I have athlete%26#039;s foot and am pregnant. The chemist wouldn%26#039;t sell me anything because I%26#039;m pregnant and I was told I had to go to doctor. I was prescribed Clotrimazole cream 1 per cent and told to use it 3 times a day. It is supposed to be safe during pregnancy. It helps a bit, but I have been told sometimes tablets are needed to completely clear it but they can%26#039;t be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment