Thursday, December 17, 2009

I have a Dog (RR) w. a cream colored growth coming from 1of her foot pads on a back leg. rubber feeling 1/8"?

I have a Rhodesian ridgeback with a cream colored growth coming from one of her foot pads on a back leg. The flexible rubber feeling 1/8” extensions that are growing look like the underside of a starfish or live sand-dollar.





What could this possibly be?


How do I treat it?


(I will visit the vet in this week, but was hoping I could get a preliminary opinion)





Thank You,


- Adam|||That%26#039;s odd. I don%26#039;t have any experience with something like this, but I will star for you... good luck.|||It%26#039;s hard to say without seeing the growth ( Glad to hear you are taking her to the vet to have it professionally examined). My GSD has skin allergies which also cause problems with his paws. He had a hard but smooth white growth on the side of his toe nail right at the nail bed. The vet said it was a callus and popped it off. I%26#039;ve seen other growths on dogs feet that were caused by yeast infections. I%26#039;ve also seen warts on the paws as well (not sure how old your dog is). Good Luck hope everything turns out ok!|||Sorry, no vets on this site, and I am glad to see your a responsible owner that knows the dog needs to see a vet.





It could be anything, just make sure to visit the vet, he is the only one in person that can see it and tell you what is wrong with your dog.





Good luck|||It might be a cancerous tumor.





It might be a cocoroach egg.


seriously. we had a dog come in once with the same thing, but it would move. the doctor cut it just to see if pus would come out and out wiggled a few small cocoeroaches. it was disgusting.


it happened that the dog had a small cut on her paw and picked up some roach eggs on a walk. a few weeks later they hatched, and between that time the cut had healed.|||I%26#039;ve had dogs all my life, Ridgebacks for 15 years, and I%26#039;ve never heard of something like this. But I would be very interested in knowing what it is, if you are willing to email me after your visit with your vet.





As far as treatment, I would wait to see what the diagnosis is.|||Adam, I wish I had a a rhodesian ridgeback.|||Sounds like a tumour.


Was thinking a tick but you really just see the ball belly of them.


Needs vet attention.|||Maybe it is a tumor or something else. Bring your pet to a vet.|||It might be fleas...

No comments:

Post a Comment