Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cream for foot fungus?

I went to the doctor today and he confirmed that I have foot fungus. I%26#039;ve never had anything like this so I%26#039;m new on how to take care of it. My doctor said to use Canesten. He asked me if I%26#039;ve ever used that company for a yeast infection....I said yes so he didn%26#039;t go into too much more detail and just said to use that.





So I went to the Pharmacy and bought yeast infection Canesten Cream but now I%26#039;m second guessing myself. Has anyone ever been told this and tried it? Did I buy the right thing or does Canesten make creams specifically for feet too?





I wish the doctor specified more.|||It is an anti fungal and you can use it on your feet. Twice a day wash and dry your feet well. The put a thin layer on your feet, all over, especially between your toes.


The main ingredient is clotrimazol. You can buy the house brand much cheaper and they come with foot directions or jock itch directions, the difference only being the package.


The doc likely asked you if you used it before to make sure you do not get bad reactions from it.





A little advice. If you are getting vaginal or any other yeast or fungal infections often get your blood glucose checked. Pre diabetics tend to get fungal infections. A minor change in diet, carb restriction, solves the problem for many.|||Canesten, or clotrimazole, is a drug that is an anti-fungal. Yeast is actually a fungus, so the anti-fungal kills your vaginal yeast infections and also your foot fungal infections. They actually may be caused by the same species of fungus, Candida.

No comments:

Post a Comment